Tuesday, August 5, 2008

cars trucks and SUV's

A long time ago, I posted about SUV's. I'm so excited that I had someone other than family comment on it (thanks EE)
I have to babble...
I have a tiny car. It gets me where I want to go, most days. The only days it didn't this past winter was when we had 2 feet of snow over the night, and it just warn't movin'
I love my car. It gets great gas mileage, I can put a backboard in it, 8 foot 4x4's, skis (downhill and cross country) and all my bike schtuff. Just not all at once.
Don't get me wrong, some SUV's have their purpose. Off roading and backwoodsy stuff, and for people who HAVE to get to work (nurses, MD's, paramedics, etc). But for soccer mom's who whip them puppies around like they own the road, and drive like complete retards in the middle of winter and then wind up doing the turtle on the side of the road because their top heavy vehicle slid on the black ice, I have no use for. Just because they are bigger, doesn't mean they are safer. I have seen SUV'ers with horrendous injuries (and dead) from driving stupid. In my humble opinion (that's what this blog is all about) It doesn't really matter what we drive anymore. There are so many big rigs out there, that if you're going to get hit, and hurt, you can drive your biggest baddest vehicle, but you're still going to be hurt. I've seen people driving compact cars walk away from a totaled vehicle, and people driving big vehicles not fare so well.
Choose your vehicle well.

1 comment:

spirit_song said...

Just another reminder of it's not what you drive, but how you drive..."Safer" is an adjective which describes a driver, not a vehicle!