Friday, October 16, 2009

Can't wait til November

I can't wait til November, when the madness will end.
I just saw an article in the paper about an 18 year old man claimed to be having a 'consentual' relationship with a boy under the age of 14.  That's the equivalent of a Senior in high school dating an 8th grader. That's just not ok, whether it is male-female, male-male, or female-female. 
Commenters abound with people saying "That's what we will get if we allow same sex marriage!"
How about incest, folks?  Think grown, married men don't have sex with their kids (Which is not right, by any means!)?  Was that a result of a marriage between a man and a woman?  Nope, that is the result of someone who is sick and twisted and is too selfish to realize what impact their actions have on another human being.  It's all about the power! 
Sure, there's an age gap between my husband and I.  However, when we met, we were both of legal and consenting age.  No way would we ever have dated when we were kids.  I would have been just starting the 6th grade the year he graduated.  I know my parents would never have allowed that.  However, once we met (after the age of 18, thank you), we knew we were right for each other. 
I saw a comment that "Because the priest was homosexual, he assaulted the little boys".  SO NOT TRUE.  He assaulted the little boys because he was sick and twisted and could control them, not because he wasn't attracted to women.  I know plenty of and women who are gay or lesbian, who find the acts of priests who prey on little boys deplorable.  It's because a child doesn't have the cognitive ability to make a choice, and the adult does.
I can't wait til this arguement ends in November.  I hope that the bill allowing same-sex couples to marry is NOT repealed.
 

No comments: